27 November 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Ephesians 2:4-9

But because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions... For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not by works, so that no one can boast.

What greater gift is there? Just when I was as good as dead, on the chopping block, life flashing before my eyes, someone stepped in and gave me my pardon. And not just this, but He took my place. Because of Him I have a purpose in this world and a place in Heaven. This is my boast -- That I have received Grace and Mercy through Him. And that anyone and everyone is entitled to the same gift of life.

Thank you, JESUS!

1 comment:

ConfidentUntilCompletion said...

We are?? I honestly don't remember and I so want to! Ok, rain check for the next weekend? Hmmm...well,my mom's entire family that I haven't seen since before Chris and I started dating decided to get together for a family reunion tomorrow. I'm headed to Nashvegas for the weekend to see them since I haven't in six years. Is that a good enough excuse?