08 December 2008

ornament game

So some of the girls on my blog roll are doing this and I think it's pretty fun. Post some photos of your favorite Christmas ornaments and explain why you love them so much.

The Christmas Pickle
Can you find it? If you do, you get a prize. The Christmas Pickle has become a Fullerton Family tradition. It's the last ornament placed on the tree (traditionally on Christmas Eve) and the first child to find it on Christmas morning wins a special gift. It's lots of fun if you can keep the kids from killing each other.

The Beauchamps: Circa 2005
I painted this ornament in 2005 at Paint a Piece. It's too heavy to go on the tree so I keep it on the bedroom doorknob. It makes me smile every year.

Joy Bells
We bought these bells in England when we were first engaged. There are 24 of them. They are so sweet and so beautiful. And, of course, remind me anew each time I trim my tree of the joy and excitement we felt when we first bought them.


Baby's First Christmas 1980
My mom gave me this ornament last year. It is my original Baby's First Christmas Ornament. Isn't it sweet?

A Perfect Angel
I searched long and hard for this little lady. I knew I wanted an Angel to top my tree, but I had the most difficult time finding the perfect one. This one is actually a candle holder and I punched a hole through the bottom. I love her simple details and serene expression.

2 comments:

jennifer... said...

My mom tried to start the Christmas pickle game and it never really took off.  But it's cool to see someone else knows about it!

Lauren said...

I have that same baby's first Christmas ornament!! Crazy!