17 April 2008

baby dedication

sunday was the day mommy and daddy told God and the whole church that they were going to be the best parents they could be to me. here are their pledges:

These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up.
--Deuteronomy 6:6-7

Fathers: I recommit my life to the lordship of Jesus Christ. I will love my wife like Christ loved the Church and died for it. I pledge to be the spiritual leader in my home. I will bring up my children in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

Mothers: I recommit my life to the lordship of Jesus Christ. I will love and respect my husband and submit unto him in all things as unto the Lord. My family and my home will be my priority, second only to my personal walk with Christ.

Parents: This child is a gift from God to us. We will provide and atmosphere in our home that will promote this child's salvation and Christian growth.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oohhh! I hate that we missed it! It brought tears to my eyes!